[mohaa] Underlying OS RE: Server Performance

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Mon Jan 13 19:47:27 EST 2003

> I'm personally using Slackware 8.0 w/ updates for EXT3 and kernel
> updated to 2.4.18 with minor changes removing unnecessary items.

I'm not a server admin, but in case this is interesting:

I develop MOHAA on a heavily modified Slackware 7.1 (anything as old as
Slackware 7.1 _has_ to be heavily modified as time goes on.  :)  )

The server is compiled on a patched gcc 2.95.3 on a seriously tweaked out
Red Hat 6.0 (seriously) install...this is "The Holy Build Box", running in
a vmWare virtual machine...this is used for maximum compatibility with
various glibc versions and distros.

--ryan.