[mohaa] Underlying OS RE: Server Performance

Andre Meij andre at quicksoft.it
Tue Jan 14 03:11:15 EST 2003

> The server is compiled on a patched gcc 2.95.3 on a seriously tweaked
> out Red Hat 6.0 (seriously) install...this is "The Holy Build Box",
> running in a vmWare virtual machine...this is used for maximum
> compatibility with various glibc versions and distros.

Ryan

Would it not be possible to (when your done) also release two optimised
versions? (Without support, so when it works we are happy when it doesnt
work on all systems we will not complain?)

One optimized for a Intel pentium IV and an other one for the Atlon XP
with an up-to-date gcc and glibc.

I think those are the most used procs by the "performance freaks" :) and
the optimisation should have a fairly huge performance impact.

Regards,
Andre