[mohaa] Showing up in LAN games.

{DFP} Ka-Klick ka-klick at mchsi.com
Sun Jan 12 19:19:19 EST 2003

On Sunday, January 12, 2003, at 03:22  PM, Ryan C. Gordon wrote:
>> Now that I've got it to boot and to connect OK, how do I get it to
>> show
>> up as a LAN game? I've tried "+set dedicated=2" and it still doesn't
>> show up.
>
> There's no equal sign:  "+set dedicated 2"

the above was from memory, this is what is actually in the shell script
I've been using to launch:

/home/bryan/mohaa/mohaa_lnxded +set dedicated 2 +set ui_console 1 +set
g_gametype 4 +set sv_maxclients 16 +set net_ip 192.168.1.104 +set
net_port 12203 +map obj/obj_team4 +exec server.cfg

here's my server.cfg w/ comments stripped:

seta sv_hostname "Ka-Klick's Dedicated Server"
seta g_gametype "4"
set net_port 12203
sets Admin "Ka-Klick"
sets Email "<withheld>"
sets Location "Des Moines"
seta g_motd "Welcome to Ka-Klick's MOHAA Server"
sets URL "http://www.dsmgg.org"
sets Connection "200 Mbit"
sets username "none"
seta sv_maplist "obj/obj_team4 obj/obj_team2 obj/obj_team1
obj/obj_team3"
seta sv_privatePassword ""
seta sv_privateClients 0
seta sv_maxclients "16"
seta rconpassword "<withheld>"
seta sv_fps "20"
seta sv_timeout "120"
seta sv_pure "0"
seta sv_gamespy "1"
seta sv_allowdownload "1"
seta sv_maxrate "8000"
seta sv_floodProtect "1"
seta sv_minping "0"
seta sv_maxping "250"
seta sv_precache "1"
seta g_allowvote "1"
seta g_teamdamage "0"
seta g_teamForceBalance "1"
timelimit 30
map obj/obj_team4

> You might need to specify an IP address if you've got multiple network
> cards or more than one IP on your box.
>
>> PS, I've seen the traffic about an archive of this list on icculus.org
>> but have yet to find it from the homepage.
>
> http://icculus.org/cgi-bin/ezmlm/ezmlm-cgi?23

Thanks Ryan!

Bryan Baker
--
Don't try to teach a pig to sing.
It only wastes your time and it annoys the pig.