[mohaa] a silly question

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Thu Jan 9 03:18:27 EST 2003

> Does the Spearhead binary include support for normal MOH:AA?

Here's my understanding of it:

Spearhead servers (win32 or linux) will not work with MOH:AA clients, for
several reasons, not the least being that the protocol version has been
bumped up.

Spearhead servers can server the MOHAA maps to Spearhead clients. MOHAA
servers can NOT server the Spearhead maps to MOHAA clients (well, maybe it
works, but not legally, since you need a copy of spearhead to have those
maps anyhow).

Spearhead and mohaa coexist in the same directory tree; when you install
on win32, Spearhead makes sure MOH:AA is up to version 1.11, even if you
never use the original binaries. They can coexist on a Linux server, too.

> In other words using the spearhead binary is there a switch to say I want to
> play using moh:aa (normal moh:aa weapons skins etc) and then at some point
> we can play spearhead using the new weapons and skins and game types etc.

Uh...good question. I don't know, but I haven't looked. Anyone know a
cvar or something?

--ryan.