spearhead is stable!

Luke Salsich lsalsich at cox.net
Sun Jan 5 19:05:11 EST 2003

I am happy to say that ive been running a spearhead server on the web
under 'HOLYLAND TEST' without a single lockup, shutdown, or hiccup. In
addition, I am running on the same server a 24 player TDM game for Mohaa
classic without trouble. Nice work, Ryan!

One thing is giving me trouble - I cant seem to get the spearhead server
to change maps on its own. I can use rcon to switch maps and to exec
.cfg files fine, but the game doesnt run through the map cycle on its
own. I am thinking that this is my fault, as i am new to admining a
spearhead server. Can anyone look at my .cfg file and offer opinions?
Anyone else have this trouble with spearhead/ linux spearhead?

// Server Name
// Name that will appear on the server browser
sv_hostname "HOLYLAND TEST"
set rconpassword "xxxxx"

// Game Type
// 1 Free for All
// 2 Team Based
// 3 Round Based
// 4 Objective
// 5 Tug Of War
set g_gametype 5

// Health Drop
// When enabled players will drop a health pack when killed
set g_healthdrop 1

// Realism
// Toggles realistic mode
set g_realismmode 1

// Fast Run Speed
// When checked, the speed at which players can run through levels is
increased.
// Leaving it unchecked defaults to Medal of Honor Allied Assault's
original run speed
set sv_dmspeedmult 1.100000

// Team Damage
// Toggles friendly fire
set g_teamdamage 0

// Heal Rate
// Determines how fast players heal when they use a health pickup
set g_healrate 10

// Max Players
set sv_maxclients 16

// Time Limit
// This sets the elapsed time at which the game ends, the winner being
the player with the highest score at that time.
timelimit 0

// Frag Limit
// The score at which the player or team will win the current map.
fraglimit 0

// Map Rotation Time
// This sets the maximum amount of time in minutes players will spend in
a particular map.
maprotationtime 15

// Team Spawn Delay
// This sets a delay in seconds between spawns. This is useful if you
would like the
// player spawned in batches, rather than one at a time
set sv_team_spawn_interval 15

// Round Reset Time
// This sets how long each round will take, in minutes. This can be
smaller than the map rotation time, but not larger.
roundlimit 0

// Inactive Spectate
// This sets the time in seconds after which an inactive player becomes
a spectator. To save server bandwidth, 60 seconds is default.
set g_inactivespectate 60

// Inactive Kick
// This sets the time in seconds after which an inactive player is
kicked out of the game. 900 (15 minutes) seconds is default.
set g_inactivekick 300

// Use Gamespy
// To use GameSpy gaming service for internet-based multiplayer games.
set sv_gamespy 1

// Pure
// Verifies that the files on the client are the same as those on the
server.
set sv_pure 0

// Allow Vote
// Enables players to call a vote.
set g_allowvote 1

// Flood Protect
// Limits amount of text a player can type
set sv_floodprotect 1

// Force Team Spectate
set g_forceteamspectate 1

//set dmflags 0

//set g_forceready 0

//set g_forcespawn 0

// Invulnerable Time
// Amount of time a player is invulnerable for after spawning
set sv_invulnerabletime 3

// Team Kill Warning
// Amount of team kills before the player is warned
//set g_teamkillwarn 3

// Team Kill Kick
// Amount of team kills before the player is kicked off the server.
//set g_teamkillkick 5

// Team Switch Delay
// Frequency at which you can switch teams
set g_teamswitchdelay 15

// Gravity
set g_gravity 512.000000

// Allow Join Time
set g_allowjointime 30

// Private Clients
// Clients that require a password to join
set sv_privateclients 0

// Password
// Allows you to set a password for the server
set sv_privatepassword ""

// Keywords
// Keywords which allow browsers to filter servers.
set sv_keywords ""

// Net Port
set net_port 12221

// Minimum Ping
set sv_minping 0

// Maximum Ping
set sv_maxping 300

// Maximum Rate
set sv_maxrate 9000

// Map
// Starting map on the rotation.
map "obj/mp_druckkammern_tow"

// Map Rotation List
sv_maplist "obj/mp_ardennes_tow obj/mp_berlin_tow obj/mp_flughafen_tow
obj/mp_druckkammern_tow"

Thanks Ryan, and all on the list!!!

-Luke