[mohaa] Comments on SH server

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Thu Jan 2 18:15:55 EST 2003

> Just got to get it using less CPU then it currently is, I'm sure you can
> do some magic cleaning up the code :) and make it run just as good as MOH:AA

The solution is very likely the same thing that was causing the crashes;
the memory pool. malloc() and free() are very expensive when they get used
for EVERY event that occurs (hint: WALKING generates events...everything
passes events around the server)...doubly so as the address space starts
to fragment. I think once I go and clean this up the memory pool code
correctly, it'll use less CPU. I hope.

--ryan.