[mohaa] Question about server

Josh Berry josh at chickenmonkey.co.uk
Fri Feb 14 12:36:02 EST 2003

> ok now question 2... When i'm firing up the server i wont get back on my
console. How can i do that so the server is running on background (The &
doesn't help because the server is stop working then).

I can help you with the second part, all you need to do is run the server as
a deamon. On my servers I use the following script called RUNGAME.sh to run
the servers so that they restart if they die and e-mail you to let you know
about it, you dont need all of this by the way, just the bit at the bottom:

    #!/bin/sh
    export
    LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/games/MOHAA:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

    while true
    do
            N=`ps -ef | grep mohaa_lnxded | grep server.cfg | grep -v grep |
wc -l`
            if [ $N -eq 0 ]
            then

    cd /usr/local/games/MOHAA
    ./mohaa_lnxded +set dedicated 2 +set net_IP 212.159.6.206 +set cheats 0
+set ui_console 1 +set sv_maxclients 20 +exec server.cfg &

    cat email_team | /usr/sbin/sendmail your at email.address

    fi
    sleep 60
    done

e-mail team is just a text file like this:

    To: (your e-mail address)
    From: MOHAA Games Server
    Subject: Medal of Honour AA Server - Team DM

    "This process has died and has been re-started on (server name)"

Then the important bit... run the script as a deamon like so:

    ./RUNGAME.sh 2&>1 &

If you want to stop the game use

    killall -g RUNGAME.sh

You could, of course, use the mohaa startup line and run it as a deamon
using the '2&>1 &' bit. Its up to you.

Regards

Josh
--