AW: AW: AW: [mohaa] Server Requirements, Questions & Traffic

Eric Koldeweij eric at no-sense.net
Wed Aug 20 19:29:02 EDT 2003

luke wrote:

>You cant use the same port on different IP's IF they use the same
>Network Card.

Not true. My server has only one network card, aliased to 4 IPs and I
can (and do) run 2 MOHAA servers on port 12203.
Just use the +set net_ip argument on the mohaa_lnxded/spearhead_lnxded
commandline.

my cmd lines:

/home/mohaa/spearhead_lnxded +set net_ip 213.206.85.18 +set net_port
12203 +set dedicated 1 +set logfile 1 +exec sp_team.cfg
/home/mohaa/mohaa_lnxded +set net_ip 213.206.85.19 +set net_port 12203
+set dedicated 1 +set logfile 1 +exec team.cfg

OK, I know one is spearhead and one is regular MOHAA, but it used to be
MOHAA before Spearhead came out. It worked even then.

Eric.

PS: this pretty much works for every linux game server. I've did the
same thing with Quake 2, Quake 3, Unreal Tournament, UT2003, Battlefield
1942, Soldier Of Fortune 2 and Counter-Strike. If it doesn't work, it's
a case of bad programming.