AW: AW: AW: [mohaa] Server Requirements, Questions & Traffic

Warren Woodward warrenw at xmission.com
Wed Aug 20 18:57:25 EDT 2003

On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 06:56:26PM -0400, luke wrote:
> You cant use the same port on different IP's IF they use the same
> Network Card.

For that matter, you'll be hard pressed to sucessfully forward a single
port to two seperate machines on any NAT range, be it on the same
computer or seperate ones.   There's no real way to determine which server
the trafficis seeking.  Traditionally, for this reason, alternate servers
have alternate ports.

--
warren woodward
XMission DSL
warrenw at xmission.com
(801) 303-0819
(877) XMISSION

"I hold a beast, an angel and a madman in me."  Dylan Thomas