[mohaa] About Ping and PL

Eduardo E. Silva esilva at silvex.com
Mon Sep 30 01:51:07 EDT 2002

Geno,

uset the ethtool command. After becomming root (superuser ) type

# ethtool <nic_device>

In my case I have two NICs (eth1 and eth0) so I get this:

pearl## ethtool eth1 This is hooked to a hub so this is all I can get!!!!
Settings for eth1:
        Supported ports: [ TP MII ]
        Supported link modes:   10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
                                100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full
        Supports auto-negotiation: Yes
        Speed: 10Mb/s
        Duplex: Half
        Port: Twisted Pair
        PHYAD: 1
        Transceiver: internal
        Auto-negotiation: on
        Supports Wake-on: puag
        Wake-on: g
        Link detected: yes
pearl## ethtool eth0 <<< This one is o a switch, so I get the best!
Settings for eth0:
        Supported ports: [ TP MII ]
        Supported link modes:   10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
                                100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full
        Supports auto-negotiation: Yes
        Speed: 100Mb/s
        Duplex: Full