[mohaa] Server control programs for Linux

Rodney Chang ohbahsan at rocketmail.com
Thu Sep 5 11:42:45 EDT 2002

> - ability to easily kick players by their player number rather than
> typing their names in quotes
>     (I hate trying to type in those long names with weird characters

Each player is assigned a client number, which you can see when you
issue the "status" command.  You can kick players using their client
number with the command
"clientkick <client number>".  This helps when you have to kick players
with long/weird names.

> I haven't noticed any server messages that indicate what team a
> player is on, but the score column seems to offer a possible clue.

If you set the developer variable to 2, the server messages will
indicate whether the player chose allies, axis, or auto-join.  This
should give you a better indication of a player's team, unless of
course everyone selected auto-join.  In my experience though relatively
few players will auto-join, so you can find out these players' teams by
recursively checking their opponents' teams.