[mohaa] Solaris 8 MOHAA Dedicated Server

Norm Dressler ndressler at dinmar.com
Wed Oct 30 12:21:15 EST 2002

It's off topic, but sure you can put Linux/BSD on your sparc.  Try
http://www.ultralinux.org/.  It lists all the availble linux ports and
their current status (i.e. still supported or not).

This will still prevent you from running the MOH server though - it is
compiled for linux on an i386 processor - it would need to be recompiled
on a Sparc processor before it would work and since the source is not
open source, that won't happen any time soon.  This is the downside of
using the sparc box - you would need to get executables specific to the
chip or the source and compile it yourself.  You can also get many of
the open source tools at www.sunfreeware.com
<http://www.sunfreeware.com/> .  This would include the gcc compilers
etc., for Solaris.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask --