[mohaa] how to set your linux box

Christian Ejlertsen chr.ejlertsen at has.dk
Sun Oct 6 01:44:00 EDT 2002

> Hi
>
> I want to know what bandwidth you need for setting up a
> linux server for about 10 players and how to peak your
> linux box for best performince. why I'm asking I have
> settup a box with a 192 least line with a amd 1.7Ghz cpu
> but there is  bit of lag. do u know what the problems can
> be. pls can u help.
>
> Kind regards

I would say that on a linux that don't run much else 512kbit/sec upload should support 10-12 players, in a lag free enviroment. as far as processor power goes, you got no worries you could run a game with 32 players without it even breaking a sweat.
I'm running games with 6 players on a 700 Mhz duron and it has never gone above 20% CPU usage.

Christian