Killing some Myths

André Rivotti Casimiro rivotti at netcabo.pt
Mon Nov 18 05:44:00 EST 2002

Hi all,

Let's try to understarnd which vars are working or not.

1. Banning:
	If seen this a lot over several cfg's files but it doesn't seem to work...
is it me or it doesnt really work?

	set g_filterban 1
	reset g_banIPs
	addip 255.255.255.255

	to remove IPS:
	removeip 255.255.255.255

2. Message of the Day
	Another one that doesn't seem to work...

	set cl_motd "1"  // Activate MOD
	set g_motd  ""   // MOD

	Ok, am I doing wrong? Or is this just trash in my cfg file?

3. Bot's...
	Well, I know that this doesn't work but...

	set bot_enable "1"     // Let use bot's in the server
	set bot_minplayers "6" // Min number of player to activate bots

4. Some server vars:

	set sv_pure    "1" // Force client to have pk3 files iqual to the server, I
allready know that this doesnt work.
	sv_padPackets  "0" // right... what for?
	sv_showloss    "0" // right... what for?

5. Some game vars...

	set g_maxGameClients "0"  // Numer of player allowed to play (the others
are forced to be espectator)
	set g_teamAutoJoin     "1"  // just another promise, right?
	set g_teamForceBalance "1"  // yeah, right, I wish it was true...
	set g_forceready       "1"  // this is for...?
	set g_respawnInvulnerability "5" // does it work?
	set g_followEnemy      "0"     // Permission to follow the
enemy(espectador), it works?
	set g_forceFollow      "1"     // Doesn't allow free mode in espectador...
	set g_smoothClients    "0"     // ???
	set g_syncronousclients "0"    // ???
	set g_maxintermission  "15"    // ???

6. Some Anti-Cheat lines...?

	//No Fog
	setu r_farplane 0
	setu r_farplane_nocull 0
	setu r_farplane_nofog 0

	//Wallhack
	setu r_lightmap 0
	setu r_lockpvs 0
	setu r_showSmp 0

	//Transparent Door
	setu r_novis 0

	//Force Models
	setu cg_forceModel 0

7. Something else in the horizon...

	set dmflags    "16" // Ex:  8 = No Falling Damage
                          // 16 = disallow clients to change their FOV
(cg_fov)
                          // 32 = No footstep sounds

	Are this ones right?

Lets us try and work togheter. My objective is to give the Mohaa Admin
community the best cfg file possible... are u willing to help me is this
task? I hope so...

Regards
André Rivotti Casimiro
Game Server Admin