[mohaa] 1.11 & Linux...

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Wed Nov 13 15:42:32 EST 2002

> I think the Spearhead expansion pack is the official vehicle for addressing
> the problems with the current version, but Ryan would know for sure.  If you
> jujst go to one of the many sites that deal with the game, I think you'll
> find a bunch more information on the topic.  Here are two that come to mind:

I actually don't know for sure (yet).

My assumption is that the Spearhead server will address this stuff. If
Spearhead servers are incompatible with existing clients, I'll make a
patch against the 1.11 servers (to at least address the UBoat spawning
hack if nothing else).

> +set fs_outputpath /tmp
> +set logfilename server1.log

These cvars actually came out of some theoretical work Bernd Kreimeier and
I did with the Quake 3 engine (er...specifically, the FAKK2 strain) at
Loki. The goal was to give more flexibility to admins and Linux game
clients, but to also respect that many installations wouldn't have write
access to the game's base directory. It wasn't hard to reproduce this for
MOH:AA. To get win32-style semantics (everything writes to where the game
was installed) set fs_outputpath and fs_userpath to where the game is
installed.

> I have found that you must specify these options on the command line used to
> start the game server in order for it to work.  Placing them in a
> configuration file doesn't seem to produce the same results.

Yeah, they are parsed before the config files are read (otherwise, how
would the server know where to look for the config files?  :)  ).

--ryan.