[mohaa] 1.11 & Linux...

JNagle at franuniv.edu JNagle at franuniv.edu
Thu Nov 14 09:50:20 EST 2002

Good tip thanks Shock you da man! :)

Zaphod
Leader of MOSS

                    "[-SF-]Shockwave"
                    <shockwave at clanshor        To:     <mohaa at icculus.org>
                    tfuse.com>                 cc:
                                               Subject:     Re: [mohaa] 1.11 & Linux...
                    11/13/2002 08:19 AM
                    Please respond to
                    mohaa

Hello Christian,

> does anybody know (espacially Ryan :)) if there is work on 1.12
> or something similar?

I think the Spearhead expansion pack is the official vehicle for addressing
the problems with the current version, but Ryan would know for sure.  If
you
jujst go to one of the many sites that deal with the game, I think you'll
find a bunch more information on the topic.  Here are two that come to
mind:

http://www.mohadmin.com/
http://www.planetmedalofhonor.com/

> when starting a server with $HOME be unset - the log directory is
> messed up...

Regardless of whether this is true, the specification of a home directory
in
a user's profile is something I think is reasonable to expect.  I have yet
to encounter a *nix OS that _doesn't_ have this environment variable set by
default and I can't imagine why it would be absent given its usefulness.
In
any event, I can offer you a workaround if you don't want to edit your user
profile and manually set this variable.  The game server log file is
comprised of two logical components that can be set on the command line to
adjust where the log is created and what name it has.  Here is an example:

+set fs_outputpath /tmp
+set logfilename server1.log

The game server will append "/main/" to the value of  fs_outputpath so the
above example will cause the following log file to be created:

/tmp/main/server1.log

I have found that you must specify these options on the command line used
start the game server in order for it to work.  Placing them in a
configuration file doesn't seem to produce the same results.

Shockwave