[mohaa] ...any troubles yet?

Greg Miller gmiller at oei-tech.com
Wed Jul 17 14:29:06 EDT 2002

> Speaking of binding - when the server launches, does it bind
> itself to every interface on a multihomed machine? Does this/Will
> this cause confusion when talking to the gamespy/2015 master
> servers? What determines what the server presents itself as
> to the master servers?

I run a server on a multihomed machine and it binds to the interface that
corresponds to the net_ip setting, which also is exposed to the Internet.  Never
tried accessing it via the LAN nic though.  Might be worth a try.

I don't know if anyone will find this useful or interesting, but this is a
modified version of the BASH script I use to start my server -- for what its
worth
It starts the linux server, makes it dedicated to Internet, running on port
myport of IP address myip, then exec's server.cfg -- the server config file --
then exec's dm.cfg --  my death match config.

/usr/local/games/mohaa/mohaa_lnxded  \
+set dedicated 2 \
+set net_port myport \
+set net_ip myip \
+exec server.cfg \
+exec dm.cfg
--
name:Greg C. Miller
title:Systems and Network Administrator/Sr. Analyst
e-mail:gmiller at oei-tech.com
url:http://www.oei-tech.com/
voice:(540) 373-6025
fax:(540) 899-5471