[mohaa] ...any troubles yet?

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Wed Jul 17 16:02:07 EDT 2002

> How about for cases when the gaming server is on a private network
> behind a router/firewall?  In my case my server has an IP address of
> 192.168.0.x and I have the firewall doing port forwarding for udp 12203
> which seems to be working fine.  A few of us at work played over lunch
> connecting to my system at home...but we just had to know the name/ip of
> the box to be able to connect since it doesn't show up in the master
> list.   What IP should I set net_ip to on the command line in this case?

Hhm...good question.

net_ip should be your IP address behind the firewall (otherwise, bind()
will fail and the server won't start).

I'm not sure if there's a cvar or something to say "I'm on this interface,
but tell GameSpy I'm here instead". Hit google. Look for Quake3 if you
can't find MOH:AA specific information.

--ryan.