[mohaa] Performance isses on linux moh servers...

JNagle at franuniv.edu JNagle at franuniv.edu
Tue Dec 17 12:33:33 EST 2002

Try setting your MaxRates to 10000 and your Minrates to 3000....I did that
and it totally helped!

Zaphod
Leader of MOSS

                    Ian Knight
                    <ian at 34sp.com        To:     Anthony Quon <mohaa at icculus.org>
                    >                    cc:
                                         Subject:     Re[2]: [mohaa] Performance isses on
                    12/17/2002           linux moh servers...
                    12:05 PM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    mohaa

AQ> I have a plethora of bandwidth being behind direct 4x1000mbps fiber
links to
AQ> a backbone spread across multiple oc48's. Although 8-10 servers does
suck up
AQ> alot of bw, I should be able to accommodate that. Also, I'm not getting
high
AQ> pings within each game when fully populated...what I'm getting seems to
be
AQ> server lag where pings are fine, but there is slowdown seen by everyone
AQ> occasionally.

This is the same as what i am getting so if anyone has an answer would
be gratful, i was wondering if it could be to do with the onboard gfx
card if it is used at all for anything - could this effect it? Seems
to be ok if knock the sv_fps to under 15

--
Best regards,
 Ian                            mailto:ian at 34sp.com