[mohaa] uboat fix by crowkings using druid's fixes on moh-linux...

[-SF-]Shockwave shockwave at clanshortfuse.com
Tue Dec 17 11:35:43 EST 2002

Hello Anthony,

I was able to successfully use the patch program to protect my Linux server.
Let me see if I can help.

> 1. copied the fgameded.so and mohaa_lnxded files onto a windows machine
with
> the windows moh game installed.

This is good.  Make sure you have the files in the MOHAA directory on the
Windows machine prior to running the patch program.

> 2. ran the patch which did locate the fgameded.so and says that it has
been
> patched successfully.

Make sure you have selected the Linux option when you run the patch program.
It should rename your existing "fgameded.so" file to "fgameded.bak" and
create a file called "fgameded.so" with today's date.  Both files will be
the same size.

> 3. ftp'd the resulting patched file to my moh linux server to replace the
> existing fgameded.so file

The directions say to place it in your "main" directory but this is
incorrect.  Put it in the game server root where the original version is
found.

> After these steps, I tried the exploit and was unfortunately able to spawn
> uboat in the middle of a map.

Once the new file is in place, be sure to restart the server for it to take
effect.  If you're still having trouble, you can always try Tom Greene's
patch script located here:

http://cowgod.org/software/mohaa/utilities/linux_spawn_glitch_fix.tar.gz

I haven't tried it personally, but I haven't heard of anyone who has had a
problem running it.

Shockwave