uboat fix by crowkings using druid's fixes on moh-linux...

Anthony Quon anthonyquon at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 17 11:02:10 EST 2002

Folks,
I'm having a heck of a time trying to get the crowking's uboat spawning
patch to work on my linux moh servers. I did the following to patch the
fgameded.so file:

1. copied the fgameded.so and mohaa_lnxded files onto a windows machine with
the windows moh game installed.

2. ran the patch which did locate the fgameded.so and says that it has been
patched successfully.

3. ftp'd the resulting patched file to my moh linux server to replace the
existing fgameded.so file

After these steps, I tried the exploit and was unfortunately able to spawn a
uboat in the middle of a map.

I even received a fgameded.so file from Druid himself and got an even worst
result where the instance won't even startup.

Did I do something wrong in the steps above? I did notice that the patched
version of the file is the same size as the original...this was quite odd,
but I believe this may actually be a correct behavior.

Thanks,
Anthony