still getting U-boat spawns?!?!?

Luke Salsich lsalsich at cox.net
Sat Dec 7 05:43:36 EST 2002

hey all,

Thanks to Shockwave a couple of days ago for directing me to the latest
version of the U-boat spawn crash' fix and for explaining it a bit to us
admins. I have run the patch update on my windows machine and then
uploaded the patched gamex86.dll file to my Linux game server as
directed. The problem is someone is still able to crash my game server
using this spawn trick. The logs indicate it clearly. I could really use
some help here, if anybody has any ideas. One thing I have a question
on: when I ran the patch update it asked me if I was using windows or
Linux. I said windows because at the moment I was patching my windows
box (I think I am supposed to do it this way, no?), but maybe I should
have chosen 'Linux'?

Thanks guys!

-Luke