[mohaa] curious behavior

Matthew Hall leareth at angui.sh
Wed Aug 7 13:23:24 EDT 2002

> As I stated before - there are both good and bad sides to any OS.  Debian's
> big draw is it's stability.

You forgot apt-get, dselect, and the nice package tools that Debian
has.

However, FreeBSD's (and other BSD's) big draw is stability, and
the ports system. Want new software? 'make' 'make install'. Tada.
FreeBSD put a large amount of effort (it shows to me) into their
package management, which allows me to upgrade and maintain my box
without too much effort. And linux emulation is wonderful - any game
server put out for linux, I can run under FreeBSD. NWN, UT, MOHAA,
etc.

Now if only they would relent and start using SysV init scripts ...

--
It's always September somewhere on the 'net. | http://angui.sh
Another proud member of Eep's killfile.      | Unix Sys. Admin.
unreal://angui.sh                            | leareth at angui.sh