[lugaru] Windows VC project not compiling

David Faulk davidfaulk at charter.net
Fri May 14 09:43:08 EDT 2010

I'm a software engineer by profession, but this is my first venture into
open source.

Who makes the big design decisions?  Moving files between directories,
coding style, etc.

I fetched the latest build this morning, built the VC Solution and opened
it.

The first thing I'm noticing is that all the source for PNG, JPEG, ZLIB,
OGGVORBIS have been added to the lugaru project - makes it really hard to
read, and something makes me think it's not intended.  I'm looking into the
CMakeLists to try and find why but any help is good.

When I try building the project, I get an error.  From the output window:

1>------ Build started: Project: lugaru, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

1>Generating lugaru_resource.obj

1>'windres' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

1>operable program or batch file.

1>Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Generating
lugaru_resource.obj"

1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Users\Dave and
Casi\lugaru\lugaru.dir\Debug\BuildLog.htm"

1>lugaru - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Here's the build log:

Build Log

Build started: Project: lugaru, Configuration: Debug|Win32

Command Lines

Creating temporary file "c:\Users\Dave and
Casi\lugaru\lugaru.dir\Debug\BAT00000129205324.bat" with contents
[
@echo off

windres "-IC:/Users/Dave and Casi/lugaru/Source/res" -o "C:/Users/Dave and
Casi/lugaru/lugaru_resource.obj" "-iC:/Users/Dave and
Casi/lugaru/Source/res/Lugaru.rc"

if errorlevel 1 goto VCReportError

goto VCEnd

:VCReportError

echo Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Generating
lugaru_resource.obj"

exit 1

:VCEnd
]
Creating command line """c:\Users\Dave and
Casi\lugaru\lugaru.dir\Debug\BAT00000129205324.bat"""

Output Window

Generating lugaru_resource.obj
'windres' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Generating
lugaru_resource.obj"

Results

Build log was saved at "file://c:\Users\Dave and
Casi\lugaru\lugaru.dir\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
lugaru - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Thanks for your help!

Stone