[lokisetup] building loki_patch - undefined references to g_assertion_message_expr, g_return_if_fail_warning, etc...

Lars Uffmann lars at uffmann.name
Wed Jun 30 19:04:26 EDT 2010

Update:

I managed to build loki_patch but I have the feeling I should use an
older version of libglib by the type of errors I'm working around:

After building setupdb and moving the x86_64 directory to amd64 (if
applicable), I do this:

$ cd ../loki_patch
$ ./autogen.sh

At this point, edit the configure file and replace all occurences of xml
(lowercase only)
 with xml2 (xml-config -> xml2-config and libxml.a -> libxml2.a). Save
the file and continue...

$ ./configure

$ sudo aptitude install libglib2.0-dev libxdelta2 libxdelta2-dev

At this point, edit the Makefile:
- in the LIBS line, behind -lz, add -lm (to include the math library)
- in the CFLAGS lines, replace glib-config with pkg-config glib-2.0
- in the LFLAGS lines, replace glib-config with pkg-config glib-2.0
Save the file and continue...

edit loki_xdelta.c and replace the one occurance of g_string_sprintf
with g_string_printf (old name is deprecated). Save the file and continue.

edit xdelta/edsio.h and replace all occurances of GQueue with
customGQueue as well as all occurances of g_queue with custom_g_queue
(this is to deal with a conflict of this having been introduced in a
recent glib)

$ make loki_patch

a couple of warnings, but finally, that is it - now I only need to
figure on how to "make install" - that's a topic for tomorrow :)

Cheers,

  Lars