[lokisetup] building loki_patch - undefined references to g_assertion_message_expr, g_return_if_fail_warning, etc...

Lars Uffmann lars at uffmann.name
Wed Jun 30 17:37:16 EDT 2010

I have done the following on a fresh squeeze installation:
$ aptitude install subversion
$ aptitude install autoconf

$ mkdir ~/temp
$ cd ~/temp
$ svn co svn://svn.icculus.org/loki_setup/trunk loki_setup
$ svn co svn://svn.icculus.org/loki_setupdb/trunk loki_setupdb
$ svn co svn://svn.icculus.org/loki_patch/trunk loki_patch
$ svn co svn://svn.icculus.org/loki_update/trunk loki_update

$ cd loki_setupdb
$ ./autogen.sh
$ ./configure --with-libxml2

At this point, edit the Makefile and in the LIBS line, before -lz, add
-lm (to include the math library). Save the file and continue...

$ make setupdb
$ mv x86_64 amd64

$ cd ../loki_patch
$ ./autogen.sh

At this point, edit the configure file and replace all occurences of xml
(lowercase only)
 with xml2 (xml-confiug -> xml2-config and libxml.a -> libxml2.a). Save
the file and continue...

$ ./configure

$ sudo aptitude install libglib1.2-dev libxdelta2 libxdelta2-dev

At this point, edit the Makefile and in the LIBS line, before -lz, add
-lm (to include the math library). Save the file and continue...

$ make loki_patch

Now I get lots of undefined references to g_return_if_fail_warning and
g_assertion_message_expr - so I am currently trying to figure out which
lib those belong to and why they don't resolve...

Can someone help me out here as to what library I need to include still?

Best Regards,

  Lars