Building Mac version

Peter Mulholland pm at rune-soft.com
Thu Sep 21 05:39:13 EDT 2006

Hello lokisetup,

Just tried to build the Mac version to evaluate it.  I installed
libxml via Fink (even though 10.3 and 10.4 apparently ship with
libxml2 anyway) as suggested in the README.carbon file.

However, during ./configure I get:

configure: WARNING: libintl.h accepted by the compiler, rejected by
the preprocessor!

and while doing make setup.carbon I get:

powerpc-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.01: /sw/lib/libiconv.a: No such file or
directory

which figures as when I ls /sw/lib there is no libintl.a, only a
dylib. I tried fink install libiconv but got "No packages to install"

Any suggestions? Would it be possible to install libintl on OS X
without Fink, and then build using the OS X shipping dylibs for
libxml2 ?

I have quickly bodged it by editing the Makefile to link with -liconv
instead, but this would mean having to mess about putting the
libiconv.2.dylib in the app bundle

--
Best regards,
 Peter                          mailto:pm at rune-soft.com

Runesoft Entertainment Gmbh

Tel: +49 (0) 35 204 79 28 47
Fax: +49 (0) 35 204 79 29 78

This message is exclusively for the person addressed or their
representative. Any form of the unauthorized use, publication,
reproduction, copying or disclosure of the content of this e-mail is
not permitted. If you are not the intended recipient of this message
and its contents, please notify this sender immediately and delete this
message and all its attachments subsequently.