[lokisetup] third party packaging

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at icculus.org
Tue Oct 24 03:18:33 EDT 2006

> The original post to lsb-discuss can be found here:
> http://lists.freestandards.org/pipermail/lsb-discuss/2006-October/003085
> .html

The LSB has too many important parties with conflicting interests to
actually accomplish anything. Package management is no exception. They
will have more luck standardizing vi vs emacs.

Someone needs to think up something smart, implement it well, and dump
it on everyone's laps. That's the only way this moves forward. It's the
only way ANYTHING moves forward in Free Software, so I'm not sure why
everyone is suddenly so keen on forming committees.

The LSB people will just talk themselves to death but never accomplish
anything. I don't mean to be pessimistic, but thus far they're batting
0.0000 as far as I'm aware.

--ryan.