[lokisetup] localization?

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at icculus.org
Wed Jun 7 05:26:03 EDT 2006

> I swear there was a time, years ago, when LANG=fr worked, I guess that
> was before things like character encoding got more (less?) standardized.

(I'm making replying to myself into an olympic sport here, I swear...)

I have a pile of fixes to localization I've just committed, including
touching free()'d memory, etc...but they break the current fallback
mechanism for things like the "eula" tag's "lang" attribute, since I
didn't want "fr_CA.utf8" to fail to match "fr.utf8" ... the gtk2 UI flat
out refuses to show a Latin1 file if it thinks your locale is UTF-8, so
I have to specify the encoding, but don't want to specify every possible
territory in my setup.xml file. A better patch is welcome.

My fixes are attached.

--ryan.