[lokisetup] Loki Setup ; installation problems -- Please Help

Stéphane Peter megastep at megastep.org
Wed Aug 3 20:54:43 EDT 2005

The error you get comes from the tar extraction plugin, which does
not directly call the tar command but rather has some code from GNU
tar to extract it from within Loki setup. The type of compression you
use is irrelevant as it is handled separately.

This particular error is triggered with one of the files inside the
tar archive is of a type not handled by this code. It is mysterious
exactly what would be the problem in this case. What is the type of
files for which you get this error? We don't handle a few of the
types usually supported by tar archives, i.e. sockets and the like.
Files, directories, symbolic links should be fine though.

--
Stéphane Peter
megastep at megastep.org