[lokisetup] Patches: inline 'binaries', feature requirements, tmp file fix

Ludwig Nussel ludwig.nussel at gmx.de
Tue Sep 21 19:37:07 EDT 2004

Stephane Peter wrote:
> OK, I merged the last two patches. The binary inline one I'm a bit
> nervous about it so I'll do some more cross-examination before I
> include it. What is the rationale for having it this way as opposed to
> individual files ?

UT2004 mods :-) I really don't like that installers that just
package the vanilla zip (probably even recompressed as tar.bz2) file
plus a start script inside a makeself archive. By having the script
directly in the xml you only need to distribute the very small
setup.xml while the huge data file can be downloaded from the mod's
homepage. E.g.

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>
<install product="ut2004"
    desc="Unreal Tournament 2004"
    component="Devils Own"
    version="1.0.10"

    <require feature="inline-scripts" version="1"/>

    <option install="true" size="256557871">
        Devils Own Napoleonic UT2k4
        <binary arch="any" libc="any"
            symlink="devilsown"
            binpath="devilsown"
            inline="yes"

            <![CDATA[#!/bin/sh
exec ut2004 -Mod=DevilsOwn "$@"
]]>
        </binary>
        <files>
            devilsown-v1-0-10.zip
        </files>
    </option>
</install>

A further improvement would be to have the installer open a file
selection dialog if the file cannot be found in the current
directory.

cu
Ludwig

(o_  Ludwig.Nussel at gmx.de