[lokisetup] makeself compression and hidden files

Ludwig Nussel ludwig.nussel at gmx.de
Thu Nov 11 08:27:12 EST 2004

Stephane Peter wrote:
> I guess the main reason I didn't bother with this was with the
> potentially dangerous reference to the .. directory. I guess your
> regular expression would take care of that, assuming of course it is
> portable, which I believe it is.

.[^.]* expands to '.[^.]*' if no dot file exists i.e. you will get
an error from tar. You can make it expand to nothing with "shopt -s
nullglob" but that might be bash specific. Alternative would be to
just use . instead of any wildcard. Filenames in the archive look a
bit different then (start with ./) but otherwise the result is the
same.

cu
Ludwig

(o_  Ludwig.Nussel at gmx.de