[lokisetup] Gnome 2.0...

Stephane Peter megastep at megastep.org
Mon Mar 1 14:02:06 EST 2004

I wouldn't say it's completely hosed either... I know for a fact that
the current version has been installing on Gnome 2.0 systems for a
while. I don't know if anything else would have changed, but as Sean is
mentioning, they are moving to the Freedesktop.org spec now.

I did take a look at the vfolder XML files for a while, but after
examining what the defaults were in most distributions, in many cases
new XML entries are not needed. Often it's just a matter of making sure
the desktop files end up in the right place, and that the Categories
line in them is set to something that will show up in the menus (there's
an install option in setup for that).

--
Stephane Peter
Sr. Software Engineer