RPM support??

Derek R. Gaston drgasto at sandia.gov
Thu Jul 29 19:05:18 EDT 2004

Has anyone tried using the RPM support lately??  I can't quite get it to
compile.

I am running configure like:

./configure --enable-bzip2 --enable-rpm4

I'm on a standard Redhat9 install (with EVERYTHING installed) and I'm
getting this error when running "make":

------------------------------------
gcc  -o setup log.o install_log.o detect.o plugins.o network.o install.o
copy.o file.o loki_launchurl.o main.o  console_ui.o dialog_ui.o
plugins/libplugins.a  dialog/libdialog.a
/home/drgasto/projects/sntools/poly_wanna_cracker/sntools/installer/sntools_install/loki_src/loki_setup/../loki_setupdb/x86/libsetupdb.a
-L/usr/local/lib -lutil  /usr/lib/libxml.a -Wl,-Bstatic -lrpm -lrpmio
-lrpmdb -ldb1 -ldb-3.1 -lpopt -Wl,-Bstatic -lbz2 -lz -lm  -lncurses
-lgpm -Wl,-Bdynamic
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ldb1
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake: *** [setup] Error 1
------------------------------------

I have checked for libdb1 with:

------------------------
bash-2.05b$ locate libdb1
/usr/lib/libdb1.so.2

And it appears to be there - so why can't the linker find it?

Further - is there any chance of this working on any other platforms
besides linux?  I noticed that libdb1 is actually installed using a
gnome package - which doesn't give me very much hope (I have to use this
on AIX, IRIX, DEC and Solaris).

Anyone out there wanna help?

Thanks!
Derek