[lokisetup] setup v2 (was lokisetup for dummies)

Chunky Kibbles chunky at icculus.org
Mon Jan 5 11:47:49 EST 2004

On Sun, Jan 04, 2004 at 05:00:15PM -0500, Ryan C. Gordon wrote:

> > Has anyone worked on this yet? Any experiences?
>
> I proposed this to Sam at Loki, and he said, "That sounds awesome! When
> are you going to write it?" and that was the end of that.  :)

Imagine that!

> It's non-trivial, and not fun to write something like that, so no one
> has. That's not to say it shouldn't be done, though.

Yeah. Well, has anyone thought about what it needs?

> > XML becomes moot if someone puts together a pointy-clikky UI for
> > building the installer, and I happen to like it as a matter of
> > personal taste.
>
> Editing XML becomes moot, but parsing it at install time still needs a
> fairly robust library. libxml is more bulk.

True, but expat is still in active development, and it's considerably
smaller... TTimo appears to have already thought the whole state
machine through, so I don't see SAX parsing being a problem - if
anything it'd be a good thing for his design.

Gary (-;