[lokisetup] setup v2 (was lokisetup for dummies)

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Sun Jan 4 17:00:15 EST 2004

> Has anyone worked on this yet? Any experiences?

I proposed this to Sam at Loki, and he said, "That sounds awesome! When
are you going to write it?" and that was the end of that.  :)

It's non-trivial, and not fun to write something like that, so no one
has. That's not to say it shouldn't be done, though.

> XML becomes moot if someone puts together a pointy-clikky UI for
> building the installer, and I happen to like it as a matter of
> personal taste.

Editing XML becomes moot, but parsing it at install time still needs a
fairly robust library. libxml is more bulk.

--ryan.