[lokisetup] setup v2 (was lokisetup for dummies)

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Sun Jan 4 00:35:50 EST 2004

> I'll also throw in my $0.02 for other features.  I don't like editing
> setup's C code, but it seems like that is what I spent most of my

I don't think _anyone_ likes editing setup's C code, which is why we're
talking about a rewrite.  :)

Seriously, I think we can find a balance between scripting and config
files that shouldn't require editing the program while still giving
needed functionality.

> Another thing that might be useful is to replace the curses-based
> console installer with a bash script (or curses-less command line C
> program), to save some size.  Maybe also combine setup and uninstall
> into a single executable, for additional size savings.

A good portion of loki_patch is xdelta, which could be seriously trimmed
down if the functionality could be extracted while losing the glib
dependency, etc.

There's actually a lot of needless bulk in everything right now,
honestly.

--ryan.