[lokisetup] Thoughts

zakk zakk at timedoctor.org
Sun Feb 16 20:58:03 EST 2003

The text-mode installer is specifically useful for servers. This is not
also true of 8-Bit X11 displays. Perhaps your job
I don't really see it as being useful elsewhere, except where the root
account cannot access the x-server the user ran, in which case it seems
silly, since the ultimate goal of _setup on the CD-ROM should be to have
it run automatically. Not all things with fewer colors will just look
bad, it's up the artist to fill the need, and in the case of, say,
blackshades, it turned out quite well with fewer colors. Indeed I think
if the original developer had designed it with nice textures in mind, I
would have been less interested in getting a port done.
--
zakk <zakk at timedoctor.org>