[lokisetup] makeself doesn't maintain +x permission

Timothee Besset ttimo at idsoftware.com
Sun Oct 6 09:09:34 EDT 2002

Well, I have two scripts with +x permssions
-rwxr-xr-x    1 timo     timo       225463 Oct  6 14:31 code/unix/cons
-rwxr-xr-x    1 timo     timo       251845 Oct  6 14:31 code/unix/pcons-2.3.1

Which I give to makeself and build a setup out of
after install
-rw-r--r--    1 timo     timo       225463 Oct  6 14:32 cons
-rw-r--r--    1 timo     timo       251845 Oct  6 14:32 pcons-2.3.1

This is happening with the latest 2.x makeself, and was happening with the
earlier 1.5 version.

I am getting this on my dev system (Debian Sarge) and on my old Mandrake
7.2 baseline. Willing to investigate this, dunno where to start right now
though.

If I use --list on the makeself archive, I see the files with the correct
permissions though. Unzipping + untarring the content should be fine. In
makeself-header.sh ln 245 I see some chown and chgrp though, but I don't
see that being a problem.

TTimo