Thoughts on multi CD things

Chunky Kibbles chunky at icculus.org
Thu Oct 3 13:11:56 EDT 2002

Hiya,

I just received my copy of UnrealI from Tuxgames, and he does
something neat to get the first CD out [the one with the makeself
installer on it] to get the other CD in:

He has a script on the cd, /a la/ setup.sh, but instead looks like:

cp ./unreali-install.run /tmp
cd /tmp
umount /mnt/cdrom
(sh ./unreali-install.run)
rm ./unreali-install.run

Which you then execute with "cd /mnt/cdrom;source ./setup"

It may seem altogether silly, but it's completely shell-agnostic
and does all that complicated moving-stuff-about-stuff for you.

[That's not exactly it - I'm doing it vaguely from memory as I don't
have the CD on hand]

Anyways. Just a couple thoughts on hacks you can use to get around that
annoying can't-eject-CD thing.

Gary (-;