[lokisetup] text installs with components are broken

Stéphane Peter megastep at megastep.org
Sun Mar 10 23:47:42 EST 2002

As TTimo was saying, we should probably keep these big structural
changes for a 2.0 version. In the meantime, the segfault is of course a
problem but we can easily track it down and fix it for the next release.
This is one of the aspects I haven't tested yet with the new
dialog-based UI, so it doesn't surprise me that it crashes :(

I agree that a lot of setup's code is now a mess; most of this program
was done without real design (evolved slowly from the original Myth 2
installer), and I think the XML file format should also be (slightly)
changed for version 2.0. Restructuring the UI API as well as cleaning up
all this code should be done eventually...

--
Stephane Peter
Software Engineer