[lokisetup] quick Q about brandelf usage

Stéphane Peter megastep at megastep.org
Sat Feb 23 17:23:36 EST 2002

le sam 23-02-2002 à 07:14, Timothee Besset a écrit :
> I see that brandelf is used when doing make install (which is cool), but
> why is it only on setup and uninstall? Any reason why setup.gtk doesn't
> need it?

Brandelf only needs to be run on static executables. Apparently the
FreeBSD emulation layer is able to figure out the brand of binaries if
they are dynamic, but this is a problem for static binaries as it
doesn't seem to enable the Linux ABI emulation if the ELF headers are
wrong.

--
Stephane Peter
Software Engineer