[lokisetup] more on bz2

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Sat Feb 23 14:49:14 EST 2002

> So we can have better compressiion on files included with the
> distribution. BZ2 can also be staticly linked. I believe the candy
> cruncher installer has it like this.

Actually, I've changed it to have the files uncompressed in the install
image and use the --bzip2 flag with makeself.sh. Same results, but it's
easier for someone to get at the files manually if Setup has a
catastrophic failure (and probably better compression, since otherwise
makeself is compressing a bzip2 file).

The betas used it, though. To statically link it, I just removed the .so
version of libbz2 from the Virtual Build Box, so that the linker was
forced to do a static link. That's not really a good general solution.

--ryan.