[lokisetup] licensing question

Stéphane Peter megastep at megastep.org
Fri Dec 13 18:52:50 EST 2002

My understanding of this issue is that you are not required to bundle the
actual source code with your binary distribution. It just needs to be made
available to the users, if they request it. In this case, you could just put
links to these libraries Web site or FTP server, where original, unmodified
source will be available.

Same thing goes for setup... You don't have to distribute the source with
your game. The FSF has a page explaining these issues and they say that
putting it on for download somewhere is sufficient to satisfy the licensing
requirements, but it doesn't have to be included with your binary distribution.

Then again, IANAL.

--
Stephane Peter