Unreal Tournament 2003 Installer Problems...

Eric Paynter eric at arcticbears.com
Wed Oct 29 22:27:21 EST 2003

I just went through every step in the FAQ to install UT2003 and
still no luck. It's a Gentoo box running 2.4.20-gentoo-r8 kernel.
It's getting stuck at the normal place: Asking for "Disc Number One
CDROM". I have disabled supermount on the drive and mounted it with
the following in fstab:

    /dev/cdroms/cdrom0      /mnt/cdrom0     iso9660 defaults,ro 0 0

I know it's finding the correct device because when I run the
installer as a non-root user and don't re-mount the disk after
switching, it writes the following to the console:

    mount: only root can mount /dev/cdroms/cdrom0 on /mnt/cdrom0

And if I run the installer as a root user, it unmounts before
prompting me to change the disk, and remounts after I click yes.
This is shown by the following going to the console:

    Unmounting device /dev/cdroms/cdrom0
    Mounted device /dev/cdroms/cdrom0

I've tried inserting all three disks, but none are recognized as the
one it wants. I've tried setting and exporting the SETUP_CDROM
and/or SETUP_CDROM_CD1 environment variables, still no luck. I've
tried copying the installer to the HDD and leaving the CD mounted,
still no luck. I'm fresh out of ideas... anything else to try?

Thanks!

-Eric

--
arctic bears - email and name services
25 email addresses at yourdomain CA$11.95/month