Installation problem with UT2003 (retail version)

John H. Blake blakejoh at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 31 19:09:24 EST 2003

When attempting to install UT2003, I get about 75
percent through the installation and then it fails.
Here are the last 20 lines of output:

Decompressed ../SurvivalGuideSMskins.utx.uz2 ->
../SurvivalGuideSMskins.utx
Decompressed ../TeamSymbols.utx.uz2 ->
../TeamSymbols.utx
Decompressed ../TeamSymbols_UT2003.utx.uz2 ->
../TeamSymbols_UT2003.utx
Decompressed ../TowerTerrain.utx.uz2 ->
../TowerTerrain.utx
Decompressed ../TrophyRoom_END.utx.uz2 ->
../TrophyRoom_END.utx
Decompressed ../UCGameSpecific.utx.uz2 ->
../UCGameSpecific.utx
Decompressed ../UCGeneric.utx.uz2 -> ../UCGeneric.utx
Decompressed ../UT2003Fonts.utx.uz2 ->
../UT2003Fonts.utx
Decompressed ../VehicleFX.utx.uz2 -> ../VehicleFX.utx
Decompressed ../VehicleSkins.utx.uz2 ->
../VehicleSkins.utx
Decompressed ../WeaponSkins.utx.uz2 ->
../WeaponSkins.utx
Decompressed ../wm_textures.utx.uz2 ->
../wm_textures.utx
cp: reading `Textures/XceptOne.utx.uz2': Input/output
error
failed to uncompress file.
./setup.sh: line 214:  7329 Aborted
"$setup" "$@"
This installation doesn't support glibc-2.1 on Linux /
x86
(tried to run setup)
Fatal error, no tech support email configured in this
setup
The setup program seems to have failed on
x86/glibc-2.1

Fatal error, no tech support email configured in this
setup

I'm wondering if someone can get me pointed in the
right direction to troubleshoot this problem.  I've
attempted the install three times for verification.
Twice it failed at XceptOne.utx.uz2 and once it failed
at XceptTwo.utx.uz2.

Any help will be much appreciated!