[lgfaq] Please help, no hair left... (fwd)

Aivils.Stoss at unibanka.lv Aivils.Stoss at unibanka.lv
Wed Mar 26 05:34:48 EST 2003

>I'm having some trouble getting my first Tribes2 machine setup... =( I'm
doing
>everything right but the damn loki update tool isn't working properly.  Do
you
>have anytime at all to give me any advice on this?
>
>I've uploaded a perfect cd structure for Tribes2 and have d/l to the linux
box
>the tribes2d-wincd.run which makes your initial install from the windows
cd
>directory.  I have set the SETUP_CDROM env variable and the install runs
fine,
>but, when it starts to update it goes straight to
tribes2-25034-cdrom-x86.run
>and I get the "No matching delta" error.
>
>I've tried every troubleshooting combination I can think of and am now
>attempting manual updates from the runfiles on loki's website:
>
>ftp://ftp.lokigames.com/pub/updates/tribes2/
>
>I'm so stuck here, I've been working on this for two weeks and can't
believe
>that ANYONE out there is running a Linux server, lol...

Unfortunately I don't have any Loki game's CD, but I try set up some
titles.
All attempts failed. Loki their updates build against original Linux
binaries. In the update included only "delta" binaries. Update tool create
new binarie from "delta" and old originaly Loki binarie (MD5 checked).
     So , You should have originaly Linux game distro for using updates.
Or enjoy tribes2d-wincd.run as it is.

Aivils