Please help, no hair left... (fwd)

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Wed Mar 26 04:18:06 EST 2003

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 14:32:47 -0800 (PST)
From: Bradley Caricofe <bcaricofe at yahoo.com>
To: "icculus at clutteredmind.org" <icculus at clutteredmind.org>
Subject: Please help, no hair left...

Ryan,

I'm having some trouble getting my first Tribes2 machine setup... =( I'm doing
everything right but the damn loki update tool isn't working properly.  Do you
have anytime at all to give me any advice on this?

I've uploaded a perfect cd structure for Tribes2 and have d/l to the linux box
the tribes2d-wincd.run which makes your initial install from the windows cd
directory.  I have set the SETUP_CDROM env variable and the install runs fine,
but, when it starts to update it goes straight to tribes2-25034-cdrom-x86.run
and I get the "No matching delta" error.

I've tried every troubleshooting combination I can think of and am now
attempting manual updates from the runfiles on loki's website:

ftp://ftp.lokigames.com/pub/updates/tribes2/

I'm so stuck here, I've been working on this for two weeks and can't believe
that ANYONE out there is running a Linux server, lol...

thanks,
Brad