[lgfaq] Double Quake3Arena in the single intel box

Chunky Kibbles chunky at icculus.org
Mon Oct 14 13:10:51 EDT 2002

On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 12:45:55PM +0300, Aivils Stoss wrote:

> Hi, folks
>
> Aprox half year I use kernel patch , which allow run multiple locale X
> servers with
> independ keyboards and mouses. Site:
> http://starx.times.lv

Well, after a bit of munging, I'm assuming you're talking about
http://startx.times.lv

> My box:
> CPU Athlon 1600+
> RAM 256Mb
> 1st videocard Nvidia GeforceMX440 (AGP)
> 2nd Nvidia TNT2 M64 (PCI)
> 3rd Nvidia TNT2 M64 (PCI)
> two ps/2 keyboards, one USB keyboard
> two serial mouses, one USB mouse
> swap 800Mb (important, same games failed if can't allocate enough memory).

I will GREATLY serve you to upgrade your RAM. I have 1.5G and I only
use one screen at the moment :)

Uh. Why do I need to patch my kernel to do this? If I wanted, I can
just run multiple X servers without any problems at all, having
completely independant k/v/m, using just standard XFree functionality.

I hate to {insert metaphor here}, but why do I want to even /look/ at
something that's alpha unstable when I can already do this stuff?

You're also probably having sound issues. UT tends to just block
on the sound dvice as opposed to anything else. Same therefore goes
for Rune. And running a sound multiplexer is asking for trouble when
you have multiple "real-time" sound things going on...

Gary (-;