[jugglemaster] New version of JuggleMaster for Palm OS (JMPalm)

Chunky Kibbles chunky at icculus.org
Thu Aug 3 22:35:01 EDT 2006

On Thu, Aug 03, 2006 at 11:39:33PM +0900, Per Johan Groland wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I assume you mean a jugglemaster that will render a pattern and output
> coordinates for animation. Getting the coordinates is very easy, just look
> at
> the drawing code in, say, the wxwidgets version. The tricky part is
> figuring out
> when jugglemaster has completed one full revolution of the pattern and
> stop outputting data. I never figured this out when I tried, don't
> know if Chunky
> figured out a good method for the mpg and postscript output...

Nope!

My technique is to store the positions of all the balls at the start,
and stop recording when they're back there. It's a miserable system, but
it kindasorta works for most patterns.

Ideally you'd calculated the lowest common multiple of the style length
and the pattern length, and stop recording when you hit that exacty
point. Alternatively, every time the pattern repeats, check to see if
the style is at a repeat...

> If you want the output in the "pov" format you mention, why not just output
> it directly in that format, should be faster than first generating xml and
> then
> needing a method to transform that further.

Aye. IIRC povray is an easy enough format, you're probably better off
adding it as a "print" target to jmdlx, although if commandline is your
aim, perhaps aajm is a better bet.

Gary (-;